Supporting Small Business Matters
During the last 8 months, you have likely heard more about supporting small business than you’ve ever heard before. At Farmers & Merchants Bank, we’ve always supported small business. We truly understand the impact they have on communities throughout the country. It’s what our philosophy is all about!
Here are 5 reasons to support your local small business:
- Local businesses are more invested in the community. They are accountable to their local communities and donate more to non-profits and other causes essential to a thriving community.
- Supporting local businesses is often better for the environment. They tend to have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.
- Local businesses keep dollars in the local economy! Compared to big box stores, locally owned businesses recycle a much larger share of revenue back into the local economy, enriching the community as a whole.
- Local businesses offer product diversity. Local businesses don’t adhere to a national sales plan and therefore offer products based on the interests and needs of the local customers.
- Local businesses contribute to the well-being of the community. Small businesses help build strong communities with vibrant town centers, linking neighbors economically and socially and contributing to local causes.
Small business is the heartbeat of your community. Small business owners live where you live, eat where you eat. Shop where you shop. They understand the value of local more than anyone else and they appreciate you for shopping with them. And they will more likely support other local businesses!
Celebrate small business week by visiting your local shops and supporting their efforts!