Setting Yourself Up for Long Term Financial Success – 5 Tips
Happy New Year, we hope you had a very happy holiday season! With a new year, people often create new resolutions, dreams, and goals. Make this year a great financial year by following a few simple tips for financial success!
- Make budgeting a top priority in 2023: sit down and create a budget and stick to it. Set a day and time each month to review your progress to keep you on track. You might do this weekly, or a couple times a month, but make it a priority to schedule specific time to dedicate to reviewing and revising your plan as needed.
- Make a list of your needs vs. your wants. Do you really need that extra pair of shoes? This can be hard to do, but it’s necessary to not overspend. Focus on the things you really need and you will be surprised how much you can save!
- Look for ways to make a little extra money on the side. Consider working at the local coffee shop or bakery. You will be surprised how much you can save if you squirrel away all the extra.
- Make savings automatic with auto deposit. If your money is auto deposited, you will be less likely to spend it.
- Pay attention to your credit score and take steps to improve it. Your credit score is a valuable tool for financing. The better your score, the more likely are you to get financing at potentially better pricing.
Need banking advice? We’re here to help. Give us a shout and we can grab coffee and talk money. We hope this is your best financial year yet!
published on 01/06/2023